Last Updated on February 24, 2021 by Dr Sanusi Umar MD
During this pivotal Covid-19 epidemic, we are deeply aware of the upsurges in Coronavirus cases across the world. In response to this growing worldwide threat, our team at the Dr.U Hair and Skin Clinic has taken it upon ourselves to take preemptive action by creating advanced and higher safety standards for our brand new, state-of-the-art building complex.
Our patrons, clients, and the hardworking staff members of our in-house teams of health and marketing specialists can rest assured that they are in a space that is mindful of their utmost well-being.
A Safer Health Environment During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Our up-to-date, building center has been ergonomically designed to avoid patient crowding at the entrance and practice safe social distancing when called for.
And, with an internal work culture, devoted to professionalism and a caring human touch, we take pride in raising the bar on current and existing measures of prevention, setting ourselves apart from other business and health establishments within the general Los Angeles area and surrounding cities.
Doxy.me Video Consultations For A Stay-At-Home Patient Experience
At the Dr.U Hair and Skin Clinic in Los Angeles, we conduct one-on-one initial consultations for patients using a free Covid-19 friendly, telemedicine solution made possible by a tech-savvy health care platform known as Doxy.me.
Using the site’s user-friendly virtual waiting rooms, patients can enjoy a convenient hassle-free visit to our office. Face-to-face consultations are conducted to answer questions and create personalized solutions, dialed into the unique and individual needs of our patients.
A Covid 19 Safe Experience at the Dr.U Hair and Skin Clinic
At the Dr.U Hair and Skin Clinic, we take pride in our solutions-oriented philosophy intended to enhance the well-being and livelihood of everyone.
The measures that we have taken to help ensure a safer Covid-19 experience includes the following:
- Full training of our reception and staff members to perform preliminary Covid-19 screening tests
- An in-house work culture dedicated to preventing the spread of the Coronavirus through the practice of strict Covid-19 rules and regulations throughout the day
- Weekly Covid-19 testing of all staff members. This includes mandatory protocols which include: temperature, oxygen, and bloodwork
- Convenient and liberal use of hand sanitizing stations throughout the clinic including a location with built-in UV technology
- Professional and medically-advised hand washing protocol for both patients and staff (i.e. 20 seconds using soap and hot water)
- Social distancing protocols
- Complimentary Covid-19 supply station within patient waiting room (free masks, rubber gloves hand-sanitizer)
- Use of disinfecting wipes that kill 99.9% of harmful viruses and bacteria. Staff is required to disinfect all surfaces in between patient visits.
- Staff and patients are required to use a tissue when coughing or sneezing (i.e. cannot use hands to cover the mouth and nose)
- Patient education at the front door
All visitors are informed about our Covid-19 restrictions before entering our main office. These include the following policies:
- Walk-in entries are prohibited
- All patients are screened for COVID using a finger prick 8-minute turnaround Covid Antibody test. It turns positive if there has been past or recent exposure to the virus. At Dr. U clinic, a positive AB would mandate a show of a negative covid PCR virus detection test and absence of symptoms for further contact with staff and clinic to continue
- Patients can only be served on an appointment basis and undergo mandatory temperature checks.
- Individuals are not allowed entrance if they are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, fever, a sore throat, diarrhea or nausea, respiratory problems, coughing, or a general feeling of being unwell
- New incoming visitors are barred from our office if they were exposed to significant numbers of coronavirus cases within the last 14 day period or exposed to anyone diagnosed with coronavirus.
- All appointment-only visitors must use medical-grade Gel hand sanitizer, wear a mask and gloves provided at our complimentary Covid-19 supply station, prior to reporting to the reception area. Individuals are also encouraged to make generous use of Gel hand sanitizers throughout their entire visit.
Our patients can feel confident in their Covid-19 safe experience from the time they walk into our clinic to their final departure.
And finally, with these measures in place, we are able to ensure one of the safest places to work in all of Los Angeles and the United States for our employees.