Author Bio: Dr. Sanusi Umar MD is the author of this article.
Laugh Line Reduction In Manhattan Beach Los Angeles: Laugh lines also called smile lines are lines that form on the sides of our faces, although it includes crows feet lines on the sides of the eyes, they more often apply to lines that run from the sides of our noses to the corners of the mouth. So What Are Fillers? Fillers are injectable solutions that reverse the signs of aging by adding volume or filling the soft tissue under the skin. They are ideal for anyone wishing to enhance facial features and achieve a younger looking face. Patients who wish to enhance their facial contours through fillers (such as smile line and laugh line reduction) do so in order to look younger, feel beautiful, and increase confidence. Fillers have popularity as there is a great many options and represent a non permanent alternative to surgery.
Types of Dermal Fillers :
There are broadly two types of dermal fillers,
Natural Dermal Fillers
Pros: Minimizes the risk of allergic reaction. A natural filler will be either collagen (which came on the market earlier) or hyaluronic acid based. Hyaluronic acid is a substance found in the human body with the heaviest concentrations in soft connective tissues (like tendons). The kind used in fillers is not animal based. The results are immediate.
Cons: The effects will only last three to 18 months. Occasionally results last for two years. No matter how long they last fillers do start to break down and will need a follow up once a year for maintenance. An infrequent risk is lumping and migration. The results are relatively short-lived and so are the potential problems.
Synthetic Dermal Fillers
Pros: Much longer lasting than natural ones. Synthetic fillers are created by using non-biodegradable (won’t break down in the body), bio-compatible (won’t harm the body) man-made polymers. While described as semi-permanent, some would categorize synthetic fillers as permanent because they do not break down as natural fillers do.
Cons: They do not last forever as the body changes. The risks and potential problems are similar to natural fillers with the exception that synthetic fillers are much harder to fix.
- Artefill (renamed as Bellafill)
How Do Fillers Work ?
As the body ages it loses the ability to produce collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid quickly enough to maintain youthful skin. Fillers replace these lost elements in order to help skin regain its youthful appearance.
How long are the treatment sessions for laugh lines ?
The sessions typically last 10-20 minutes depending on which filler is used and where on the face. Multiple sessions may be required to achieve desired look.
How long do fillers last?
Fillers can last from six months to two years. Semi-permanent (or permanent fillers) can last up to five years and some patients have reported them lasting longer. Most fillers absorb back into the body, but synthetic or semi-permanent fillers do not.
Face Fillers Treatment for smile line and laugh line reduction services:
A natural filler. Juvéderm is made from a hyaluronic acid gel. Hyaluronic acid helps with hydration and volume. Juvéderm was created to correct moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles for a period of time.. One of the most popular natural fillers being used at Dr. U’s clinic.
Filler which adds skin volume. Tiny injections are used to introduce this non-animal, biodegradable hyaluronic acid gel. Treatments are used to smooth facial wrinkles and folds around the eyes and mouth.
Belotero fillers come in three different types, soft, basic, and intense. The three different types of Belotero differ according to concentration and needle width. Belotero is often preferred because of its ability to distribute seamlessly and evenly into the injection site without any clumping.
Other Types of Fillers Used For Treatment of Smile Lines
- Collagen: Found throughout the body with the highest concentration in skin, tendons, and ligaments. Made from either purified cow skin or genetically engineered from bacteria. Fills wrinkles, lines, and scars on the face. As collagen is a natural filler it will eventually absorb into the body and does require regular upkeep.
- Sculptra: Made from synthetic polylactic acid contained in microspheres. FDA-approved filler for restoring lost facial volume in people who are HIV+. Absorbed by the body over the course of 18 to 24 months.
- Captique: For filling moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles near the mouth and nose. Derived from non-animal based hyaluronic acid which increases volume to areas of the face.
- Hylaform: Chemically modified from hyaluronic acid and designed to temporarily smooth the skin surface. Used to fill moderate to severe wrinkles around the mouth and nose.
- Radiesse: Synthetic filler of calcium hydroxyapatite used to correct moderate to severe folds and wrinkles. Lasts longer because the body forms collagen around the microspheres which add bulk to the injected areas. Used for smile line and laugh line reduction as well as filling wrinkles around the nose and mouth. Also used for eye wrinkles and under eye bags. Can be seen in x-rays and CT scans and doctors should be informed when doing any procedure.
- Silicone: Synthetic filler with no need for allergy testing and known for being highly precise. Main appeal is results are permanent. A warning: silicone fillers have been known to cause problems years after the initial treatments including disfigurement. For this reason, there is still debate about the efficacy of using silicone fillers.
- Artefill (or Bellafill): Synthetic filler comprised of PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) microspheres that are suspended in a smooth collagen gel base. This does require a skin to see if the patient is allergic to it. Results are immediate and can last up to five years.
Laugh Line Filler Before and After Photos Of Manhattan Beach Los Angeles Patients :
Smile Line Reduction Treatment Services in Los Angeles:
If you are interested in smile line reduction services, schedule a free online consultation with Dr. U. To get started, fill out our consultation form or call us at 1800-499-DRUCLINIC (3782) to schedule an in-office appointment.
Laugh Line Reduction Frequently Asked Questions:
Are the treatments painful?
During treatments, there is typically minimal pain and normal activities can be resumed immediately, but more strenuous activities should be postponed for a day or two after the procedure.
What is the best filler for laugh line reduction services?
Juvéderm is definitely one of the best fillers for smile lines. Restylane is another excellent choice. Radiesse is a good choice, but better suited for the eye area.
Which Laugh Wrinkle treatment is right for me?
During the consultation, Dr. U will discuss all options that are best suited for your treatment goals.
What are the risks involved with using dermal fillers For Laugh Line Wrinkles?
The most common risks for facial fillers are redness, pain/tenderness, swelling, bruising, itching as well as a risk of infection.
How much do fillers cost for laugh line treatment?
The costs of dermal fillers depend on a variety of factors:
- The type of filler used
- The location of the office
- The expertise of the aesthetic provider
- The duration of the procedure
Juvéderm fillers cost anywhere between $500 and $1,300 per 1mL syringe depending on those factors. Feel free to contact Dr. U for a free consultation.
Restoring your youth at the Dr. U Skin Clinic is just a phone call away. If you have any questions for Dr. U regarding smile lines and the different types of fillers used to address them, submit your question through our online Ask Dr. U portal below: