Author Bio: Dr. Sanusi Umar MD is the author of this article.
Los Angeles Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft Qualifies Most Young Adults: A young adult generally refers to individuals aged between 20 and 39. In the language of hair transplants, however, a young age is between 18 and 24. Hair loss is generally considered a sign of aging. However, for most individuals who manifest baldness at middle or older age, the hair loss process typically begins at a much earlier age. Signs of aging will have manifested as early as 18 to 24 in many. Some may not notice it right away while others are able to conceal it easily because of low level of severity. As the individual ages, concealment measures become ineffective and the baldness is well defined and clear for all to see. Typically the patient is in his or her 30’s at that state hence the association with advancing age. It comes as no surprise thus, that balding individuals whose battle with hair loss actually begins much earlier would be interested in having a hair transplant at a young age. Young adults are often prone to ask what is the minimum age for a hair transplant? Is the ideal hair transplant age 25 or more? Owing to the innovative work of Dr. U and his invention of the Dr.UGraft Hair transplant method, he has enabled the expansion of donor hair from using a combination of the head, beard, and body hair effectively. Young adult hair transplants are now feasible, with the idea of a minimum age for hair transplant surgery becoming irrelevant with certain caveats.
Los Angeles Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr. UGraft Qualifies Most Young Adults: Why Hair restoration at a young age is Important:
Psychologically speaking, young adults who find themselves facing this condition will often suffer from a lack of confidence and feelings of inferiority. This is a prime period in people’s lives for social interaction and career opportunities. Those spending their time trying to conceal a receding hairline can go to many measures, such as tightly shaving their heads and constantly wearing hats. Unfortunately, these alternatives will never give them the look they truly desire – a full head of hair. It is at this young age (18 – 25) that personalities for and solidify with long-term social and career consequences. It is thus at this vulnerable age that a remedy for hair loss must be addressed before long-term damage is suffered by the individual. Restoring hair in a patient who has already suffered the damaging psychological effect of hair loss in his or her life is not necessarily a prudent approach. Yet traditional transplant which rely solely on donor hair derived from a narrow area of the head have declared it anathema to undergo a hair transplant at a young age. Because traditional hair transplant relies only on limited donor hair they can extract from a narrow area of the head based on the limitation of the technique, young patients are discouraged from seeking hair transplant surgery for fear of running out of donor hair if their hair loss becomes severe at a later age. Dr U invented the Dr.UGraft advanced FUE method that enables the use of head, beard and body hair, thus expanding the donor pull significantly to the extent that can globally restore even the severest forms of hair loss. It is because of this that Dr. U is such a strong advocate for helping young men (and sometimes women) receive the help they need through providing young age hair transplants.
Why the Dr.UGraft FUE Hair Transplant Works for Young Adults
Best age for a hair transplant – Is There a Hair Transplant Age Limit?
When doing research, many people find that hair transplant clinics refuse to do patients under the age of 25. This is due to the limitation of basic FUE or FUT(strip surgery) technology that is more capable of pulling grafts from the head. This creates a risk because the doctors can potentially deplete the donor sources as their hair loss continues to progress over the years. The reasoning of the doctors is that if they pull from your head and you continue to bald over the years, they will have nowhere to pull from in the future for any secondary procedures. However, there is no true age limit for a hair transplant when working with the a technology and method such as the Dr.UGraft which minimizes these limitations.
Why There is No Minimum Age For a Hair Transplant with Dr. Umar and Dr.UGraft Methods:
The Dr.UGraft method avoids the problem of basic FUE technology entirely and is able to provide patients with excellent results. The Dr.Graft FUE is an advanced form of a regular FUE in that it can extract follicles from any part of the body, most commonly pulling from the beard, chest, nape of the neck, and arms. This process is called a Dr.Ugraft Body Hair Transplant (BHT) and is very specialized in who can perform this procedure. By expanding the donor pool using the Dr.Ugraft, Dr. U has pioneered a process that minimizes the issues other clinics face when dealing with young aged hair transplant patients.
Ways the Dr.UGraft BHT is superior over the basic FUE for Young Age Hair Transplant:
- Dr.UGraft BHT greatly expands the donor pool, thus eliminating the fear of running out of donor in the future for most young adults hair transplant patients.
- With Dr.UGraft advanced FUE and BHT Dr. Umar is able to pick and choose the right textures and thickness of body hair to match the look of a natural hairline and temples as even reported by the New York Times.
- Using the “FUE SHAVE TEST” he invented, Dr U is able to screen for the possibility that you would become severely bald in the future. This ability means Dr U can determine if your lifetime supply of donor hair (head, beard and body) is able to meet your future needs. This gives foreknowledge of the feasibility of an aggressive hairline design even in young adults
What Are The Requirements To Be Met By Young Adults Seeking Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft By Dr. U?
Consultation Process For Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft
If you are below the age of 25 and considering a Dr.UGraft hair transplant, there are some important factors to keep in mind.
- That your hair loss is in a state of flux. The hair transplant you get must take into account the likely progression of your hair loss and your lifetime hair donor supply. Dr. U uses the FUE SHAVE TEST he invented to aid in making this determination.
- For patients who fail the FUE SHAVE TEST meaning they will go on to become severely bald in the future, it must be determined by Dr. U that they have adequate beard and body hair to meet future needs. Additionally, after Dr. U has determined they are good candidates for future Dr.UGraft Body hair transplantation, they must be willing to use it. Dr U recommends that in instances of failed FUE Shave Test, young age patients should begin mixing in the non head hairs early in their hair transplant journey so as to have a good blend from the beginning. The practice of first exhausting your head donor before looking to use body hair is very wrong as it would result in islands of different looking hairs, a mosaic so to speak. The idea of first using up your head hair before resorting to body hair is a ruse used by providers who lack the ability to effectively use body hair where it is indicated.
- Patients with no evidence of hair loss who seek to have a transplant for a different reason other than hair loss, for example request for hairline lowering to reduce the appearance of a large forehead, or to cover a scar or birth defect are not limited by age in their hair transplant quest.
- Good quality hair transplants are expensive: Most young adults because of their station in life (college, early in career etc) are not yet independently financially secure. Young patients must be made aware that once they get the first hair transplant, they will most likely require more hair transplants in the future to keep up with hair loss progression that will occur as they age. Young adults consulting to have Dr. UGraft hair transplants are counseled by Dr. U about hair loss progression. They are cautioned that if they get a hair transplant for instance in their hairline at an early age and their hair loss progresses, not doing a hair transplant to bridge the gap would result in an odd pattern. Thus if they are not reconciled to the commitment in time, and finances necessary for ensuring future hair transplants, they must not have a hair transplant.
- Consider prudent cost saving hair transplant approaches: Consider cost lowering methods Dr. U offers for some young patients such as:
- The less is more hair Dr.UGraft hair transplants; where hairlines are kept conservative and hair grafts are spread strategically to address immediate areas of needs so it blends with thinning areas as well as a buzz cut look
- Combining low-density hair transplantation with scalp micropigmentation to give an appearance of more density than actually exists especially in a buzz cut or crew cut hair styles
Patient Examples of Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft Qualifies Most Young Adults: Patient Examples
Here are various scenarios of hair transplants performed in young adults by Dr. U after they have been qualified using the aforementioned criteria.
Los Angeles Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft: Before and After Aggressive Hairline Lowering:
In this case, after Dr. U has determined good candidacy, this patient had an unimpressive hair loss history but desired a lower hairline to reduce the appearance of a large forehead, his before and after photos shows a happy, satisfied patient:
VIDEO : Los Angeles Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr. UGraft: Before and After Aggressive Hairline Lowering:
Los Angeles Young Adult Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft: Before and After a Less Is More Approach for a Low Budget Hair Transplant
In this very young patient with a limited budget and limited body hair transplant supply, Dr. U adopted a less is more approach:
VIDEO: Los Angeles Young Adult Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft: Results After a Less Is More Approach for a Low Budget Hair Transplant
Los Angeles Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft: Before and After Body Hair Transplant integrated Approach For A Buzz Cut
This young age patient earlier on realized that a traditional hair transplant approach was not for him on account of his limited head donor supply. After a poor outcome and suffering a strip scar, he turned to Dr. U for the Dr.Graft approach. Dr. U repaired his strip scar and restored his hair using head and body hair combination.
VIDEO: Los Angeles Young Aged Hair Transplant Using Dr. UGraft: Results After Body Hair Transplant integrated Approach For A Buzz Cut
Los Angeles Young Aged Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft: Before and After BHT and Scalp Micropigmentation integrated Approach For A Buzz Cut
The same patient after a successful Dr.UGraft BHT desired to improve the look of density without having another transplant. Dr. U performed scalp micropigmentation by way of trichopigmentation to deliver the patient the result he desires.
VIDEO: Los Angeles Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft Scalp Micro Pigmentation Combination For a Fuller Look By Dr. Umar
Are you ready to rid yourself of the anxiety associated with hair loss at such a young age? Make a consultation with Dr. Umar today by using the button below.
Young Age Hair Transplant Using Dr.UGraft Frequently Asked Questions:
Although I can afford a procedure, I’m working on a budget. Are there any less expensive procedures or discounts available?
For young aged hair transplant patients looking to create a subtle difference in their hair loss, Dr. Umar can use the Less is More approach, which is cost-effective but still creates coverage. Also, for each procedure, you may be offered a discount in exchange for granting us rights to all aspects of the process. You can also combine the less is more approach with scalp micropigmentation which adds the illusion of more density. All these approaches would be more effective with a buzz cut.
What is the minimum age for hair transplant?
Dr Umar often get asked these questions: Is a good hair transplant age 25 or more? is the best hair transplant age 24? or is the minimum hair transplant age 23? Is It true that the minimum hair transplant age is 21? All from individuals who are obviously between age 18 and 25 who are struggling with the psychological effect of hair loss. According to Dr U, the question of a minimum age for hair transplant is irrelevant and outdated. Using his modern techniques and Dr.UGraft innovation that allows for the expansion of donor supply to take on severe hair loss if the young individual should go on to become severely bald, there is no absolute minimum age for hair transplant. If the individual is well informed about hair loss progression and is prepared for the need to do more transplants in the future and the possible need to use non head hair if he or she has it, all ages can conceivably undergo a hair transplant No age group should be forced to endure the devastating effects of hair loss solely on account of their age.
What are the consequences of having at a young age a hair transplant without the Dr.UGraft approach recommended in this article?
If your hair transplant provider lacks the ability to efficiently utilize non-head hair as is made possible with the Dr.UGraft approach and you become significantly bald, you stand the risk of exhausting your head donor and still remaining bald with an odd pattern if the surgery is not well planned. Dr U has had to repair many patients in this situation ultimately using Dr.UGraft body hair transplant repair to rehabilitate them to normalcy. The following video illustrates a poignant example of such a patient:
I am 21 years old, should I get a hair transplant at a young age or wait for a cure?
There is research going on several fronts for a cure for hair loss. But it is still in the research stage. The answer, especially for someone facing balding at a young age, is that you may have to wait a lot longer than you’d like for a cure. Meanwhile, the science behind hair surgery with innovations like advanced FUE methods enables young patients to qualify for a good hair transplant that is very well known and studied. Thus a Dr.UGraft hair transplant at age 21+ may be what’s right for you and your needs. In this video, Dr. U explains that while hair multiplication is not a reality, the Dr.UGraft body hair transplant offers a good alternative:
Have more questions for Dr. U? Ask away by using the button below!